Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Week 8: The old familiar flatty

For today's Long Run, I was looking to just keep it simple and jumped back onto Highway 136 for an out-and-back jaunt west through Delmar, Iowa. Here's some highlights...


Due north during Mile 3 around 9:45 a.m. CST. Really, does it get any more beautiful?
It strikes me how very lucky I am to live in this gorgeous place...



A couple more miles down the road to the south... 



 Experienced probably the sweetest thing ever on a Long Run: during Mile 9,
I felt something cold and wet touch my left calf. I ignored it thinking it was a bug,
but then I thought, "What bug is cold and wet?!" So I looked over my shoulder.
There trotted a friendly black dog! I jumped, screamed and then started laughing.
She'd given my leg a little lick. After cowering from my initial reaction, we chilled
and she rolled over for a belly rub, which I totally obliged.



 This is her bidding me adieu and staying, like a good girl...



 I hate to end on a sad note, but during Mile 14, this little one was fluttering around
on the shoulder. She couldn't take flight. I stayed my distance and used the zoom
on my phone so as to not cause her any more fright...

No comments:

Post a Comment