Wednesday, October 26, 2011

15 Oct. 2011 weekender in Mpls

Was in Minneapolis for a dear friend's wedding and started the weekend
with an 11 miler along the river which divides Minneapolis and St. Paul. Oodles of
other runners out including the running of the "Gay 5k"! Was a fabulous morning
that left me thinking I may just have to return for the Minneapolis Marathon!

Doing the brief east leg of river trail.



Heading west on the West River trail toward the Mill Ruins.



Mill Ruins Park. A marvelous example of "urban archeology."



A view of downtown Minneapolis from the end of the West River trail.



Participants of the Gay 5k, an event to raise awareness for the legalization of gay marriage
in Minnesota. Sooooo wish I would've known about this ahead of time so I could
officially joined rather than banditted (a verb?) my way along with them.


Approaching St. Anthony Falls along the Stone Arch Bridge.



St. Anthony Falls


My favorite picture of the day, making my return pass through the Mill Ruins Park.


The memorial to the lives lost from the collapse of the I-35 bridge on 1 Aug. 2007.
It was a chilling, sober end to the day's run...and left me extremely grateful
none of the many friends and family that live in this area were directly involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment