Sunday, April 22, 2012

10 and ready! Final LR

Due to Kid1 having a birthday slumber party on Friday, I didn't have the energy to log my final Long Run until today. I opted to hit the Davenport Bike Trail and enjoyed beautiful blue skies and seeing many other runners as well as walkers and bikers! Enjoy!



The one nice thing about city "wild" life is they stay put, 
to a degree, when you approach!



Couldn't get over the beautiful sky!



View from the first bridge spanning Duck Creek.



Love the vines creeping up these trees...



Not sure what this poster was for, but I thought it was sweet.



Just west of the access off Marquette is this pretty little waterfall.



After turning around and heading back east over Marquette and by
Cornbelt Running Club headquarters, I passed under Brady Street.  
As the path edged back up, there was this gorgeous spray of Bridal Veil.



Several buffer areas have been established with wild flowers. I spent several
minutes hanging out in one near a frisbee golf course.



Lovely...



Lots and lots of beautiful butterflies were out today!



Near the end, I got to enjoy the company of this Mallard Duck.



I love his reflection...



...then he saw me!



Final gorgeous stretch...

No comments:

Post a Comment